Juan Cuadrado is not worried about Juventus’ start to the season and warns Barcelona ahead of their Champions League meeting on Wednesday.
The Old Lady sit fifth in the Serie A table with nine points in the opening five games, including a 3-0 win by default against Napoli.
“Comparing with the last few seasons this start was a bit slow,” admits the Colombian winger in an interview with Sky Sport.
“However, we still haven’t lost a game and I remember when we had another bad start but we managed to get back and achieved a great result.”
The former Chelsea man refers to the 2015-16 campaign when the Old Lady found themselves 11 points off the top of the table after 10 games. They still managed to win the title that season.
On Wednesday the Bianconeri will host Barcelona at the Allianz Stadium for the second game of their Champions League group stage.
“It’s going to be a beautiful match against a great opponent, we have to show the strength of Juventus.
“Against these teams we always bring out something more, we will prepare the game with determination and desire to win.
“We must remember that we are professionals, we have to pull everything out until the end.”
Juventus have announced tests have revealed Leonardo Bonucci has not suffered a serious muscle injury.
The defender had to leave the pitch against Hellas Verona last night due to problems with his muscle and this morning the Bianconeri defender underwent tests to study the extent of the problem.
The Old Lady have issued a statement of the outcome from the medical examinations.
“The tests he underwent today did not reveal any muscle injuries to his right thigh,” the statement read.
“Therefore, his condition will be monitored day by day.”
The Italy international is still uncertain for the match against Barcelona on Wednesday.
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo said the unusual results come from ‘a somewhat particular period for everyone’ and stressed the Old Lady must ‘adapt quickly’.
Another two points dropped in a 1-1 draw with Hellas Verona is of concern for the new coach, who said the Bianconeri ‘knew the current situation’ would be difficult.
“It’s a somewhat particular period for everyone, but since the end of last season, there have been tight matches,” Pirlo told Juventus TV.
“Many players haven’t been available, the games end with many goals. It’s a situation we knew and we have to adapt quickly.”
Juventus are still unbeaten under Pirlo but sit fifth in Serie A, drawing three out of five games so far.
On Wednesday, the Bianconeri host Barcelona in the Champions League, where they started with a 2-0 win against Dynamo Kiev last week.
Juventus again failed to get the three points in Serie A, as only a Dejan Kulusevski moment of magic cancelled out the Andrea Favilli opener for Hellas Verona.
Click here for the full match report.
Follow all the action as it happens and give your views on the LIVEBLOG.
Minister for Sport Vincenzo Spadafora reiterates that Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo ‘violated the protocol’ on COVID-19 ‘and there’s an investigation to prove it.’
The club, player and Minister have been engaged in a long-range row over whether CR7 should’ve been allowed to leave Turin for international duty with Portugal when the Bianconeri were meant to be in a protective ‘bubble’ following COVID cases.
Ronaldo then tested positive for COVID-19 while in Portugal and returned using a private jet.
The return is not the issue, as that had been agreed with all the relevant authorities, but the decision to leave the bubble was reason for controversy.
“On the way out, Ronaldo did not respect the protocol,” Spadafora told RAI programme Che Tempo Che Fa.
“There’s an investigation to prove it.”
The Government issued new lockdown measures today, including a block on all amateur sport, gyms, theatres, cinemas, and an order to play all matches behind closed doors rather than with 1,000 people attending.
“For now, we do not intend to stop professional football, but Serie A set itself a protocol and then did not respect it.”