Benzema abrió el marcador a los 2′ / Getty
Real Madrid welcome back Cristiano Ronaldo and Antonio Adan from suspension for Tuesday’s Copa del Rey quarter-final first leg against Valencia at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Defender Sergio Ramos remains sidelined, however, as he serves the second of his five-match ban, while Pepe is injured.
Left-back Marcelo could make his first appearance for the club since suffering a broken foot in October but Fabio Coentrao is the more likely starter.
Valencia are set to be without captain David Albelda, who picked up a calf problem in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Sevilla.
Sergio Canales (knee) and Jeremy Mathieu (Achilles) remain out, while Sofiane Feghouli has joined up with Algeria for the African Cup of Nations.
- The Castilian giants are on a 32-match unbeaten run at the Santiago Bernabeu in all competitions.
- Should Madrid overcome Valencia, they will face the winner of the Barcelona-Malaga tie in the semi-final.
- Valencia have won seven of their last eight matches across all competitions.
- Los Che have lost five of their last seven meetings with Madrid.
- Roberto Soldado (pictured, right) has scored eight goals in his last eight appearances for Valencia.